- Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge 18/03/2014
- The Fault In Our Stars by John Green 19/03/2014 – A Book That Became A Movie
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell 27/03/2014 – A Bestselling Book
- Angelfall by Susan Ee 29/03/2014
- Pivot Point by Kasie West 30/03/2014
- Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler 01/04/2014
Technically the post has nothing to do with the title. It is just a quote that I fell in love with recently. A string of pieced together words that describes me exactly. One of the reasons why I could write out nearly every single thought I have in my head but could never vocalise any of them.
But enough of that. Back to reality, I really should stop browsing at Kino with friends who could just about get me to buy more books than I’ve planned.
Excuse No.1 – You’ve been looking for it since forever right? What if it’s not here the next time you come?
Very true indeed. I have been looking out for Mastiff and this edition of Fire and Hemlock at every visit but they are never there… And this time there’s still a copy of Mastiff left because Marisa actually ordered 2 copies instead of 1 this time around! (Definitely should get it while I still can!)
Excuse No. 2 – You have to get a book from Kino when you visit. It’s like, the golden rule.
Oh yes… NEVER LEAVE A BOOKSTORE WITHOUT BUYING A BOOK. Haha… Seems to be true whenever I hang out with Nuri at KLCC. It’s always Books + Food + Movies whenever we hang out, and never in the same order. And we both have more to add to our stack of ‘to read’ books at home.
Excuse No.3 – They are on discount!!!
I always check out the books on promotion every month just because I could justify spending more on books because they are cheaper. The biggest perpetrator of my eternal splurging on books would be myself. I have no one but myself to blame for my incessant inability to think whenever I am surrounded by books.
Excuse No. 4 – The books jumped off the shelves and hijacked my bag.
Complete denial. Sanity level is decreasing. Hallucinations prone to occur.
This is what happens when I haven’t been to Kinokuniya for 2 months. Not sure whether I should rejoice or cry. Books just seem to be able to lift themselves off the shelves into my basket and I ended up with this lot. Been wanting to read so many of them since I heard about them. Plus, some are on discount! [A bibliophile’s excuse indeed…] Maybe after reading a few I should try writing reviews for some… At least I have something to look forward to during the long long long week at work.
It’s 2 and I’m still awake… So what do I do? Make a list of books I would like to buy at my next Kinokuniya visit :
- Pivot Point
- Cruel Beauty
- This Star Won’t Go Out
- The Fault in Our Stars
- Eleanor and Park
- Beautiful Creatures
- The Hunger Games Trilogy
- Islands of Chaldea
There goes my February salary. I can just see it flying out the window this instant…
- Terrier by Tamora Pierce 14/01/2014 – The First Book In A Series
- Bloodhound by Tamora Pierce 15/01/2104 – A Book Set In Another World
- Tithe by Holly Black 17/01/2014 – A Book With A Female Heroine
- Valiant by Holly Black 18/01/2014 – A Book With Magic
- Ironside by Holly Black 18/01/2014 – The Last Book of a Trilogy
- Mastiff by Tamora Pierce 20/01/2014
- The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider 30/01/2014 – A Book With a Break Up
- Unhinged by A G Howard 31/01/2014 – A Book Set In High School
- The Hunter by L J Smith 12/02/2014
- The Chase by L J Smith 14/02/2014
- The Kill by L J Smith 16/02/2014